Dr Hannah Cartmell, Clinical Psychologist
I have 10 years’ experience working psychologically in a variety of settings. This includes inpatient NHS and private hospital settings, secondary and primary care and within the charity and voluntary sector. I currently work in an NHS Occupational Health and Staff Wellbeing Service. I offer support to individuals, teams, and organisations through engagement in therapy, mentoring, coaching, supervision, and consultation.
I primarily draw on Psychodynamic and Transactional Analysis models of therapy to inform my work with clients. Most of my clinical practice focuses on exploration of relationship patterns. This includes the relationship you have with yourself, others and your surroundings and we delve into how this relates to the presenting challenges.
My approach is trauma informed as I work with people to understand the core experiences that have led to their difficulties. I utilise this approach as it is more likely to lead to the client experiencing long-lasting change and insight as opposed to pure focus on symptom management. Traumatic experiences consist of anything from a singular traumatic event or ongoing oppression through systemic, societal and family dynamics. In addition, my approach is also informed by systemic theory as I support my clients to become aware of and understand their experience of the systems around them (including family, work, culture, society) and how this has influenced their beliefs and contributed to their challenges.
I work with people with a wide range of difficulties, but have particular expertise in the following areas:
- Developmental/complex trauma
- Single event trauma
- DClinPsy Clinical Psychology
- BSc Undergraduate Degree in Psychology
Professional Registrations & Memberships:
- HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council) Practitioner Psychologist (PYL38712)
Advanced Therapy Training:
- Post Graduate Certificate in Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (Low Intensity CBT)
- Diploma in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Diploma in Transformational Life Coaching
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Advance Certificate in Neurolinguistic Programming
- ILM Diploma level 5 in Workplace Coaching and Mentoring – in progress
- £85-90 per session