Dr Emma Jessop
I am a Chartered counselling psychologist with experience of working in a range of mental health settings including NHS secondary care services for people with severe and enduring mental health issues, bereavement services and university counselling services. I am trained in a number of therapeutic approaches. Alongside my clinical work I have delivered teaching and training in psychological presentations and therapeutic interventions with a view to improving the psychological mindedness of staff in such settings as the NHS, universities and private charities. I engage in continuing professional development (CPD) on a regular basis and am pursuing my accreditation as a Cognitive Analytic therapist.
I am committed to providing a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment where we work together to alleviate distress and help you gain a greater understanding of your problems. Together we will explore what brings you to therapy, what you hope to achieve and which mode of therapy might be best suited to your needs. My work prioritises the building of a therapeutic relationship as a safe and secure framework within which you can make sense of your experiences so that you can engage in a full and meaningful life.
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Grad Dip)
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych)
Professional Registrations & Memberships:
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Practitioner Psychologist
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist (CPsychol)
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
Advanced Therapy Training:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- £80-£90 per session
Areas of counselling I deal with:
Dr Rebecca Andrew, Consultant Clinical Psychologist
I am a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years of clinical experience, having worked in a mixture of private practice, NHS, and training roles. I have experience of working with a range of presenting problems, including anxiety, depression, trauma, attachment based difficulties, and psychosis. My NHS work has included leadership positions within Early Intervention in Psychosis services, plus developing services for the treatment of Complex Dissociative Disorders. I have held training positions as Deputy Director of a Postgraduate Course in CBT, and as honorary Lecturer at University of London.
In my therapy work, I draw on a range of evidence based therapies, plus a rich history of clinical experience. Therapy begins with a detailed assessment. This will then help us work together to create a shared understanding of current difficulties, what might be contributing to these problems, and discussing what would be helpful aims and goals to work on in therapy.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (2001)
- PGDip CBT
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- CBT for Psychosis
- Working with Complex Dissociative Disorders
- Supervisor and Trainer in CBT
- Schema Focused Therapy
- Mentalisation Based Therapy
- BPS (British Psychological Society) 0778101
- BABCP Accredited Therapist, Supervisor and Trainer (British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Pychotherapists)- 029185
- HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council- PYL01941
- £100 per session
Areas I work with:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attachment Disorders
- Childhood abuse
- Hearing Voices
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Suicidal Thoughts
Registered Provider With:
- Vitality Health
Contact Managing Partner Dr Sarah Swan 07706 924 550 to discuss your individual psychological therapy needs and how we might be able to support you.
Dr Emma Jessop offers individual psychological therapy for clients in Surrey, Hampshire and West Sussex from consulting rooms in Hindhead, in the South Downs. As well as online therapy via video call.
HINDHEAD PSYCHOLOGY PRACTICE
London Road Physio and Pilates
15 London Road
There is free on street parking available.