Dr Sarah Swan
I am a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with 25 years’ experience. I worked at a very senior level in the NHS until 2019. Alongside direct clinical work I supervised other psychologists, led and developed services and trained psychologists and other staff. I now work independently, providing psychological therapy to individuals, supervising other psychologists and providing training and consultancy to businesses and organisations. I am also on the Board of Directors for the Association of Clinical Psychologists and have had several publications in professional publications and academic journals.
I provide a safe space in which you can talk about the difficulties you are experiencing, without fear of being judged. I am here to listen and to support, to enable you to gain a better understanding of yourself and provide you with strategies to enable you to overcome your challenges and improve the way you feel. I will work with you on a comprehensive assessment of your difficulties and strengths. We will develop a shared understanding of how your difficulties have developed and are maintained, in order to agree what we need to work on for you to feel better. We will establish clear goals for therapy so that we can track your progress and ensure that the therapy is meeting your needs. At the end of therapy, we will work together on a plan for how you will maintain the changes you have made and identify other sources of support that might be available to you.
I use a range of evidence-based therapies. This enables me to offer the most effective therapy in a flexible way to meet your individual needs. Every therapy session will be tailored to your needs, focused and productive. The likely length of therapy will be discussed at the beginning. This will be dependent on your needs and goals, as well as taking into consideration the number of sessions available to you via insurers or according to your budget. I offer psychological therapy via Zoom or face to face.
I work with people with a wide range of difficulties, but have particular expertise in the following areas:
- Childhood trauma and emotional neglect
- Low self-esteem
- Problematic substance use or addiction
- Difficulties forming and maintaining healthy relationships
- Self-defeating coping strategies e.g. bingeing, self-harm
- BSc (Hons) Behavioural Sciences (1993)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (2000)
- MSc Personality Disorders (2017)
Professional Registrations & Memberships:
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
- BPS Register for Chartered Psychologists (CPsychol) and Supervisors
- Board Director & Member of the Association of Clinical Psychologists
- Accredited EMDR Therapist (EMDR UK)
Advanced Therapy Training:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Motivational Enhancement
Registered Provider for:
- Overland Health
- £110-120 per session
CONTACT ME ON 07706 924 550 TO DISCUSS YOUR INDIVIDUAL PSYCHOLOGICAL THERAPY NEEDS AND HOW I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SUPPORT YOU.
MIDHURST PSYCHOLOGY PRACTICE
Cowdray Hall and Therapy Rooms
There is parking immediately outside the Hall and Therapy Rooms for visitors. Additional free parking is available near the Farm Shop and Café.
HINDHEAD PSYCHOLOGY PRACTICE
London Road Physio and Pilates
15 London Road
There is free on street parking available.