Dr Sarah Swan
Training, qualifications & experience
As a Chartered Clinical Psychologist I have the following formal qualifications:
- BSc (Hons) Behavioural Sciences (1993)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (2000)
- MSc Personality Disorders (2017)
I have also engaged in further training over the course of my career, including the following
- Schema therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
I also work for the NHS, where alongside clinical work I supervise other psychologists, lead and develop services and train psychologists and other staff.
I also consult and offer training to businesses and organisations, having worked with some of the top IT and consulting firms.
As well as being registered with the HCPC, I am also Chartered with the British Psychological Society and an Associate Fellow. I am registered with BUPA, Aviva, AXA and Overland Health Insurers.
I have had several publications in peer-reviewed academic journals in the areas of shame, eating disorders, personality disorders and staff support.
As a Consultant Clinical Psychologist for over 20 years, I have extensive experience of working with adults across the entire spectrum of mental health issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Contact me on 07706 924 550 to discuss your individual psychological therapy needs and how I might be able to support you.
Dr Sarah Swan offers individual psychological therapy for clients in Surrey, Hampshire and West Sussex from consulting rooms in Midhurst, in the South Downs.
MIDHURST PSYCHOLOGY PRACTICE
Cowdray Hall and Therapy Rooms
There is parking immediately outside the Hall and Therapy Rooms for visitors. Additional free parking is available near the Farm Shop and Café.